Saturday, January 5, 2013

Should I introduce this non-Muslim boy to Islam?

Question:

Firstly he likes me in 'that way', but I definitely do not intend on pursuing a relationship with him. Before I thought to myself that I would just ignore him seeing as we had no future together/ nothing in common (he is a musician, swears a bit and can be quite rude). He always treats me good though, and although many other girls try to pursue him he seems to only like me (apologies if I sound arrogant). I think the reason for this is because he indirectly likes my Islamic qualities (chastity, honesty, respect my teachers etc.), and lately I have thought to myself a lot 'he probably wants to be Muslim, but does not know what Islam is yet'.

I know he grew up in a non religious family, and he's one of those people who look for a deeper meaning to life (I guess in his case he thought it was music). So my question is, should I mention Islam to him, and if so, how do I? e.g. just bring it up in a conversation?



Answer:

Salaam Sis,  

Of course da'wah is important in Islam. But I don't think that it's your responsibility in this situation. You know that the guy likes you and once you're alone with him Shaytan will create situations for you to do sin.

Shaytan has already made you think that he likes you for your "chastity, honesty, respect" etc. This makes your heart draw closer to him. Not realizing that if you give him da'wah this allows the two of you to be alone and one thing could lead to another thus your "chastity, honesty, and respect" will be taken away just like that.


I think you should stay away from him, because if others find out he likes you, gossiping will start and the first thing you will lose in those people's mind is your Chastity. Once people will start thinking of you that way your respect and honesty will go too.


You have more to loss here as a Muslimah than you think.



SOURCE:
Yahoo!Answers: Ramadan:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Arw.NpZ9albwlwus017dnzbty6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20120617033939AAMGzwT

No comments:

Post a Comment